Reading the color purple

Today we continued reading the color purple but at the beginning of class we finished answering our critical questions on letters 1-5. The novel is very emotional and explicit. I have to problem with the diction in the novel because it either brings the reader in or out and it brought me in. Reading and analyzing this novel is interesting because of how the author portrayed gender roles and women’s independence. Also how things were back then such as young girls getting married to full grown men. Answering the questions about the novel was not hard because I got an understanding of what I’ve read. I had a good time in class today hope to have even more fun tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a powerful poem!

Reflection A Lesson Before Dying: Ch.1-3

Vocabulary words