Today we read a sonnet by Shakespeare. We also learned about rhyme scheme and stressed and unstressed words. The sonnet that we read was very good and had a deep meaning of beauty and life.
Today we were placed in groups so that we could do an activity on the novel “The Color Purple”. The activity was to write down themes, evidence, and claims portraying to the topic. This activity was actually helpful because it breaks down the themes and topics of the novel. It also helped because each one of us had to view others opinions and think outside of the box. It made me think deeper into the novel to find out more themes and evidences. This activity was fun. I enjoyed doing it. Tomorrow we take our EQT hopefully I pass it.
1. Zany-idiosyncratic 2. Lofty- imposing height 3. Jeering- making rude remarks 4. Truism- statement that is obviously true 5. Tormentors- person who inflicts seem mental suffering 6. Frolicking- play and more about cheerfully exicidetly 7. Septuagenarian- a person who is from 70-79 years old 9. Legitimate- comfirming to the law or rules 10. Inciting- to encourage or stir up
First quarter in AP English was very interesting. I loved that we had classroom discussions. I really learned a lot about writing on an AP level. I also learned how to analyze literature. I loved reading and analyzing poems as a class. I would’ve liked to practice on writing more as a class. I would love to improve on writing on an AP level and having an AP level mindset.
Comments
Post a Comment