Reader Profile

Harris 1
Emyria Harris

Mr.Rease

AP Lit

14 June 2019

Reader Profile



As an AP student, I plan on entering the new year positively and with new knowledge.

While reading poems and other various types of literature during class and summer, I realized that I

am what one would call “The partial Reader”. Most of the time I am incapable of finishing a book I

have started. I tend to get distracted, lose interest or even move on to the next book. A con with being

  a partial reader is that I almost never get to the end of the book.

         There are many different types of readers with many different strategies. However every reader

has strengths and weaknesses. My weaknesses in prose fiction are trying to figure out the clear theme

 of the story and putting all of the bits and pieces together to get an understanding of the story. Some

 strengths that I have with prose fiction are analyzing and summarizing the story. I am also very good

 at making connections to the writing so that I could get a better understanding of what I am reading.
I love poetry because each poem may have many different meanings depending on the person of

. I enjoy the various types of rhythms and moods set by poetry. I am good at analyzing poems and

 creating short summaries about them. I also make connections with them poems. However poetry

 can be challenging because I have trouble with my vocabulary. With me not knowing the definition

 of words it’s hard for me to understand lines and stanzas. Reading helps me develop new vocabulary

 words and reading strategies. The purpose of reading for me is to connect the ideas of the page to my

 prior knowledge. Reading also serves a purpose in my vocabulary in take and communication skills

. My passions of reading is reading with other people and being able to put different opinions

englishrease@gmail.comtogether My peeves of reading is that it may take a while to finish one book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a powerful poem!

Reflection A Lesson Before Dying: Ch.1-3

Vocabulary words